Introduction To Class Policies
Note: Many of the policies and classroom etiquette only apply to training done on site at our office or other physical location
The contents of the document are really just common sense and common courtesy, but to assure that every student is respectful of every other student, we find it important to make all classroom policies clear.
Note From Dr. Holder:
I once received a list of real, but comical product tags from a friend. For example, one of the tags was on a Superman costume for Halloween. The tag said “This Costume Does Not Give The Ability To Fly” (or something close to that). The scary part is… Although the vast majority of people already know that, without being told, someone must have attempted flight with the costume…Hence the tag! The same principle applies here. Most people don’t need to be told to be courteous or how to be courteous, but the fact that we have this “Class Policies Document” tells you that, it exists because, at some time, someone has put on the costume and attempted flight. I want every student to absolutely love every moment in class. I look forward to sharing that experience with you.
Classroom Policies And Etiquette
To Help All Students Have A Wonderful Experience
Please Follow These Simple Class Policies and Procedures
(Effective Date Sept 2016)
1. Applies to Synchronous (Live/Scheduled Classes) Courses Only/Both Onsite and Online: Please be on time for class (Online or Onsite). Students who are repeatedly late (3 or more instances) may be dropped from the class with no refund of tuition or materials at the instructor’s discretion.
2. Applies to Synchronous (Live/Scheduled Classes) Courses Only/Both Onsite and Online: All phones/cell phones, pagers, etc. must be turned completely “OFF” during class meetings whether online or on site (No Exceptions). As well with the online segments of the course please be sure attend from an area where you are not introducing distracting sounds etc. into the virtual classroom environment (Car horns, other people talking in the background, children playing etc.). In short… be courteous to your classmates. There will be periodic breaks where you will have the opportunity to check messages, make calls, visit the bathroom etc.
3. Applies to Synchronous (Live/Scheduled Classes) Courses Only/Both Onsite and Online: Bathroom and lunch breaks (When appropriate) will be given. Except for breaks designated by the instructor in an emergency, please do not leave the classroom (or your computer for online segments of the class. It is distracting to your classmates.
4. Applies to Synchronous (Live/Scheduled Classes) Courses Only/Both Onsite and Online: Please confine all questions that you wish to ask your instructor to class time “ONLY” so that the group can benefit from both your questions and the instructor’s answer. No questions regarding course material will be answered during breaks etc. (No Exceptions)
5. Handouts will be available as PDF files. This is for your benefit as it enables you to have notes on file that you can organize in any way that fits your needs. We use PDF format as it enables anyone, using virtually any operating system, to access the files. You will need Acrobat Reader to open the files. Most computers have this program. You can download it for free at https://get.adobe.com/reader/
6. Students must check their email daily for any changes and assignments.
7. FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH APPLIES ONLY TO SUCH TIME(S) AS A COURSE, MODULE OR PROGRAM IS OFFERED LIVE ONLINE OR ONSITE. IT DOES NOT APPLY TO ASYNCHRONOUS PROGRAMS COURSES ETC.:
It is the student’s responsibility to attend all classes. Class schedules are planned in advance so plan ahead. Family or social functions, conflicting work hours, babysitting problems etc. are not excusable absences. Excusable absences are medical/illness, severe injury due to accident or death of an immediate family member. If you must unavoidably miss a class, it is your responsibility to contact your instructor in advance to request an excused absence and to get your assignments. If you must miss a class, you are responsible to complete the assigned work in order to graduate. If practicum hours are missed they must be made up before the student will be permitted to graduate. If this occurs the student will need to make up the practicum hours at BodySmart Wellness LLC main office unless the course instructor approves an alternate location. The student will be responsible to pay for the “extra hours provided by the instructor at the instructor’s regular session rate. Instructor may drop a student from the class after 2 or more unexcused class absences. There are no refunds of tuition or materials including but not limited to students who leave the course voluntarily, are dropped from the course, do not complete the course or do not otherwise graduate.
8. FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH APPLIES ONLY TO SUCH TIME(S) AS A COURSE, MODULE OR PROGRAM IS OFFERED LIVE ONLINE OR ONSITE. IT DOES NOT APPLY TO ASYNCHRONOUS PROGRAMS COURSES ETC.:
All students in an on-location “Primary Certification Course” are required to have 2 volunteer subjects for each day of the practicum portion of the course in order to participate and complete the practicum. It is suggested that students begin soliciting these volunteers well in advance. If for some reason this is not possible (distance etc) you must get a written waiver from your instructor at least 4 weeks in prior to the practicum. In situations where it is impossible for the student to travel to the instructor’s location for the practicum, the instructor may grant permission for the student to complete the practicum remotely provided he or she has an adequate number of volunteer subjects available at his or her location. Both the remote practicum and the volunteer subjects must be approved by the course instructor in advance. Students requesting this courtesy must do so at least 4 weeks in advance of the practicum.
9. Students must address their instructor by his/her professional title/credential, e.g.: Dr. Holder, Mr. Miss, Ms. Mrs. Smith, Professor Jones etc.
10. Upon successful completion of the course (academic, financial and practical), students will receive a certificate or diploma. Keep it in a safe place. There is a fee for duplicate or replacement of certificates issued by BodySmart wellness ranging from $25.00 to $75.00 depending on the certificate in question.
11. Applies to Synchronous (Live/Scheduled Classes) Courses Only/Both Onsite and Online: Students are not permitted to record audio or video of classes. As well, students may not bring any recording equipment to class (Practicum etc.) or record remotely. Anyone violating this policy will be immediately dropped from the class with no refund of tuition or materials fee. The instructor usually records all classes and will make those recordings available to students.
12. Unless otherwise stated, only students who have paid “full tuition” are eligible for the student discount(s) on materials. All sales on materials, electronic or physical, are final. Any missing, damaged or defective materials (if physical materials have been supplied) must be reported to BodySmart Wellness LLC. within 10 days of shipment or no adjustments can be made. If it is determined that the materials were defective prior to shipment, they will be replaced with another copy of the same title. Claims for materials damaged during transit must be filed with the delivery/freight/mail company.
13. Only those students who have fulfilled their academic, practical and financial obligations will be permitted to graduate.
14. FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH APPLIES ONLY TO SUCH TIME(S) AS A COURSE, MODULE OR PROGRAM IS OFFERED LIVE ONLINE OR ONSITE. IT DOES NOT APPLY TO ASYNCHRONOUS PROGRAMS COURSES ETC.:
No guests are permitted in class (includes virtual or on site) unless they are approved as volunteer subjects by the course instructor.
15. Students have up to a maximum of 3 years to complete any full certification course. If a student for some reason needs to temporarily withdraw from the program he or she must get prior permission from course administrators. The student will receive credit for only the modules that have been completed in entirety. Those requirements being met, the student may reenter the course for up to 1 year from that withdraw date. Reentry after that time requires re-enrollment. The student will be required to begin the course over and enroll at the tuition rate current at that time. The cost of any additional materials needed (any changes in materials) will also be the responsibility of the student.
16. We (BodySmart Wellness LLC / Masters-Center.Com) are educational providers only. In registering for any course the student acknowledges & understands it is his/her responsibility to be in compliance with any local, state, federal regulations prior to providing hypnotherapy/Hypno-Counseling services.
17. FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH APPLIES ONLY TO SUCH TIME(S) AS A COURSE, MODULE OR PROGRAM IS OFFERED LIVE ONLINE OR ONSITE. IT DOES NOT APPLY TO ASYNCHRONOUS PROGRAMS COURSES ETC.:
If space is available at subsequent class cycles, (at the instructors discretion) students who have “Graduated” the entire course may sit in on subsequent rotations of the course as reinforcement or as a “refresher” at no charge.
18. Students must have the following:
1. Computer with adequate power for online meetings (most current computers meet this requirement).
2. A Webcam.
3. High Speed Internet connection (Old Fashion Dialup connections etc. will not work).
4. Your course materials
19. These rules are common courtesy and probably unnecessary to state for the vast majority of students. They are set forth in this document to make each student’s experience a wonderful one. Any student violating these simple policies, or who is disruptive to the class in any other way, may at the instructors discretion, be terminated from the class with no refund of tuition and materials.
20. Dr. Holder and/or BodySmart Wellness LLC. reserves the right to record video or audio of any class or workshop and may at their discretion use these recordings to produce educational media products. When possible or appropriate they may be added to the “Student Library” for future reference by the student(s). The student acknowledges that he or she will receive no compensation, financial or otherwise, for any such recordings produced by Dr. Holder and/or BodySmart Wellness LLC. and/or Masters-Center.com.